The Georgia Department of Agriculture participates in activities to foster communication and information exchange among regulators, industry, academia, and consumers. The Food Safety Division coordinates and participates in outreach activities throughout the year, to provide educational information on food safety and defense issues. The Food Safety Division currently offers an information table and/or live presentations and demonstrations at GDA Georgia Grown Showcase events, the Georgia National Fair, Sunbelt Ag Expo and career and internship fairs around the State of Georgia. Our staff also routinely presents at industry and commodity meetings upon request.
To schedule a Food Safety Division employee at your next event, please contact Jessica Badour at Jessica.Badour@agr.georgia.gov. We request at least 2-3 week's advance notice of an event. Please tell us:
- Name & date of your event, including start/end times and exact location:
- Estimated number of attendees:
- Age/grade range if at a school, or any other particular audience/demographic details:
- Do you want a PPT presentation given? (If yes, do we need to bring a laptop or other materials?)
- Do you want handouts (brochures, freebies, etc.)?
If we cannot schedule someone to participate in your event directly, may we instead mail you materials to hand out? If so, please provide a mailing address.
Flyers, Handouts, Signs
GDA Audio Clips
GDA Retail Guidance
Wild Harvested Mushrooms